Function of the Position:
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Biologics and Biotechnology Laboratory. In this role, the Scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific experience and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. A Scientist has mastered some of the common techniques in the laboratory, and is able to contribute their own observations and input to projects. The Scientist at this level may execute 80% - 100% of their work at the bench level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates strong skill in laboratory methods in the areas of biochemistry and protein analysis.
• Executes all testing / analysis, and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations, independently.
• Completes assigned work with quality in a timely manner.
• Actively engages overall project and ensures own work in aligned with overarching goals.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation and analytical issues within the area of expertise.
• Recommends improvements to methods and processes.
• Assists the group leader in implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures and systems.
• Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in appropriate area of biopharmaceutical analysis.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve problems in the laboratory.
• Attends group and project meetings.
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
• Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Biochemistry or Biotechnology with a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant laboratory experience. Experience in the area of multivalent and Polysaccharide Vaccines is highly desirable. Laboratory experience must include Chromatography-based techniques, electrophoresis, immunoassays, protein estimation, colorimetric assays etc.
Experience in PCR and basic molecular biology techniques is also desirable. Working knowledge of common analytical methods and procedures, calibrating and operating analytical instruments, such as spectrophotometers, micro titer plate readers and pipettes is desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in an IAO/cGMP environment, and qualification analytical methods are highly desirable. Capability of interpreting results and deriving appropriate conclusion is essential. Should have experience in QC activity for testing especially to follow GLP processes and documentation. The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time at the highest possible quality.
Ability to anticipate, trouble shoot, and solve technical problems. Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and experience in working in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry strongly preferred.
Biologics and Biotechnology team
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE